Serving Size: 3-4
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pack Della Terra Spelt Creste di Gallo
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz medium size mushrooms (button, cremini, shiitake), trim the stems and quarter the mushrooms
- 1/2 medium size onion, small dice
- Black pepper to taste
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp of butter (optional)
- 1/4 bunch of basil, sliced or torn
- Parmesan, finely grated (Parmigiano Reggiano is best)
- In a large fry pan, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and mushrooms over med-high heat.
- When the mushrooms begin to sizzle, turn the heat to medium.
- As the mushrooms begin to brown, add the onion and half of the butter, freshly ground black pepper and turn the heat to med-low.
- When the onion is tender add a splash of water or chicken stock to slow the cooking. Turn the heat off.
- Cook the pasta per package suggestion. Taste to piece to ensure that you are satisfied with the al dente, cook a little more if you prefer.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the sauce and toss together.
- Add the remaining olive oil and butter, add a splash of pasta water if needed.
- Garnish with the basil and grated parmesan.