Serving Size: 3-4
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack Della Terra whole grain Campanelle
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sprig thyme
- 1.5 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp water (from the water used to cook the pasta)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Grated aged sheep’s milk cheese, such as Pecorino Romano (our favorite is Locatelli)
- In a fry pan add the walnuts and half the butter over med-low heat.
- Toast the walnuts and lightly brown the butter.
- Add the Thyme sprigs to the butter to infuse for about 30 seconds.
- Add the water and remaining butter to the pan, stir vigorously to form the sauce and season to taste. Turn off the heat until the pasta is ready.
- Cook the paste per package suggestion. Taste a piece to make sure your satisfied with the al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the sauce along with the olive oil and toss together. Add another splash of water if needed.
- Serve with the grated sheep’s milk cheese sprinkled over top.