Our Whole Wheat Fusilli has a naturally delicious & nutty aroma. This recipe pairs the pasta with sautéed mushrooms, thyme and Parmesan, creating a wonderfully flavorful and aromatic dish.
Serving Size: 3-4
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack Della Terra Whole Wheat Fusilli
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced (shitake, oyster, crimini etc)
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1.5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, grated (more than that is ok too!)
- In a heated fry pan, over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and mushrooms. Keep the pan hot enough to sauté the mushrooms, but not too hot that they begin to burn.
- After about 5 minutes add a pinch of salt and stir. Continue until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add half of the butter and allow to brown slightly.
- Add the thyme and black pepper to infuse the flavors into the sauce, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, remaining butter & olive oil.
- Turn the heat to low and stir ingredients to form an emulsified, smooth sauce. Then turn the heat off until the pasta is ready.
- Cook the pasta per package suggestion. Taste to piece to ensure that you are satisfied with the al dente, cook a little more if you prefer.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the sauce and toss together. Add a splash of the pasta water if needed.
- Serve with the grated Parmesan sprinkled over top.